Why We Quit our $250k per year Jobs
AND THAT IS OKAY!!
EVALUATING THE RISK
- Jobs: scored pretty low in this area. We had very little freedom and while we had a light at the end of the tunnel that was still 7 years away or longer.
- Quitting: Scored super high in this area, We could have this now. Work when we want, travel when we want, be wherever we want.
- Jobs: Scores excellent. It has a 7 year timeline to get us to our goal of having enough savings to support our spending indefinitely and obviously provided more than enough for us to live on in the near term.
- We said there is a 20% possibility (hopefully overestimated!) that we make zero money. We use up some of our 3 year savings runway and end up going back to work (Bummer) We lost a little time and money and end up in a similar situation to where we are now but maybe 1 year back on the timeline to FI.
- There is a 50% chance that we at least make enough income to cover our expenses within the next 3 years so our runway becomes Infinite! Goal achieved
- The other 30% of the time, we have amazing success in our businesses and greatly surpass our income requirements and quite possibly our earnings at our jobs. (hopefully underestimated!)
- Jobs: This scores a 4/10. I liked what I did, and when you compare one job to another job… I had a great job. But if you compare that job to running a company that directly touches peoples lives? It starts to look a little worse.
- Quitting: We can work on whatever we want! So this by nature has to be a 10/10 as long as we are being honest with ourselves!
What are we going to work on?
We have Primal Noms, a keto and paleo baked goods company, which will be launching a line of muffins and mug cake products in April 2018! (woot woot!)
Alli has her own life coaching practice, and we plan to open up a financial coaching school for couples using Matt's expertise in finances, investments, and Alli's coaching skills.